Dr. Charles J. Ogletree, Jr
What: Black Enterprise, with support from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, presents "Today's Business Crisis: Educating Tomorrow's Workforce." The Symposium is part of an educational series aimed to cultivate a conversation between the academic and business communities. The Charlotte Symposium will focus on how postsecondary schools must meet the needs of students of color, and prepare them for careers in corporate America.
When:Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Time:3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Symposium | 5:00p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Reception
Where:The Westin Charlotte, 601 College Street, Charlotte, N.C., Grand Ballroom C, 2nd Floor
Moderator:Dr. Charles J. Ogletree, Jr., Jesse Climenko Professor, Harvard Law School
One-on-One Conversation:Dr. Ronald Carter, President, Johnson C. Smith
* Stephanie Butler, Global Campus Recruiting Executive, Bank of America
* David Dodson, President, MDC Inc.
* Suzanne Walsh, Senior Program Officer, Postsecondary Success, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
* Richard "Stick" Williams, SVP, Environmental Health and Safety, Duke Energy and President, Duke Energy Foundation
Additional Program Participants:
* Derek Dingle, SVP/Editor-in-Chief, BLACK ENTERPRISE
* Mayor Anthony Foxx, Charlotte, North Carolina
* Allan C. Golston, President, U.S. Program, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
* Earl "Butch" Graves, President/CEO, BLACK ENTERPRISE
BLACK ENTERPRISE is the premier business, investing, and wealth-building resource for African Americans. Since 1970, BE has provided essential business information and advice to professionals, corporate executives, entrepreneurs, and decision makers. Every month, BLACK ENTERPRISE magazine provides 4.1 million readers with information on entrepreneurship, careers, and financial management. A multimedia company, BE also produces television programming, business and lifestyle events, Web content, and digital media. BLACK ENTERPRISE is the definitive source of information for and about African American business markets and leaders, and the authority on black business news and trends.
Renée E. Warren