I think most of us, if not all of us, have done this at one time or another...taken medication & mixed it with alcohol. I'm not gonna lie. I've done this a number of time with headache medicine. Unfortunately, knowing better, we don't always do better. Mixing these two things can cause issues like nausea or worse...like death!
There are certain medications that SHOULD NEVER be mixed though. Check out the list below:
- Anti-anxiety drugs such as Xanax, Valium and Ativan
- Antihistamines such as Zyrtec and Benadryl
- Blood pressure drugs
- Blood thinners
- Cholesterol drugs such as Lipitor
- Opioid pain relievers such as Vicodin and Percocet
- Over-the-counter pain relievers such as Advil, Motrin, Aleve and Tylenol
CLICK HERE for more info! This is definitely something that you NEED to be informed about.